Brahmaputra Raga Jazz FAQs
Who can Apply?
All those who fulfil the following eligibility criteria can apply:
• Both individual musicians (vocalists/instrumentalists) and music bands can apply
• If applicant is an individual musician, he or she must hail from North East India
• If applicant is a band, it should have at least one members from North East India
• The individual artiste or band must have at least one original soundtrack to their credit
• The musician or band should have been active for at least one year prior to applying
• Adults of all ages are welcome
• All genres of music are welcome
How to Register?
Once your form has been reviewed and found to fulfil all the eligibility criteria, you will receive a confirmation mail.
There are no charges for registration.
What kind of music can you present?
In both the Online entry stage and Live Challenge stage, all genres of rock music (heavy metal, classical rock, grunge, ballads, soft rock) and any language, song origin and theme of not more than 6-minute is welcome. In the Live Challenge stage, the band will additionally have to present a fusion piece that incorporates elements of Indian Raga into their existing repertoire.
For the Live Challenge stage, a live mentoring/guidance session will be held at Delhi and in Guwahati for those bands or musicians who opt for it.